Download Prospectus

Name icon
Email icon
Phone icon

Thank you for your interest.
Your download will begin shortly.

Whilst we do not have any halls of residence on campus, there are various types of accommodation within easy travelling distance of University of Central Lancashire London

Shop around

Don’t immediately accept the first place you see, make sure you look around before you decide and do your research. View a house in person before signing, pictures can be very different to the real thing, and it is best to experience the house first-hand.

Set a budget

Create a minimum and maximum figure of the amount you are willing to pay for rent and bills, this will help make financial decisions when weighing your options.

Near or far

Know what type of place you want to live in and what area. Check out how easy it is to commute to the campus and back, and how close you are to amenities, such as shops and healthcare practices.

Making time

Unless you are happy to relocate multiple times, remember to keep in mind that you will need accommodation for however long you are studying.

Ready to sign?

If you’ve found a place, make sure you read the contract thoroughly before agreeing to anything.

When you choose your accommodation most of the time you will be presented with an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) Agreement. This is the contract that tenants (you) must sign to confirm that they will be renting the accommodation. Most of the contracts are digital and the duration differ from 55 week to 41 weeks depending on the contract length.


There are two different types of deposits to be aware of when renting an accommodation to ensure that you fully understand all of the costs you are paying.

  • Holding Deposit

This is the sum of money paid to a landlord or letting agent to reserve a rental place for normally non-refundable if you wish to withdraw your application for tenancy. Some private halls of residence will call this a booking fee and will convert this into a dilapidation deposit when you occupy the room. Note: the maximum amount that can be charged is 1 week’s rent. 

  • Tenancy Deposit

This is the amount of money held by the landlord throughout the tenancy; and will be used at the end of the tenancy if any repairs, maintenance and/or cleaning is required by fault of the tenants, to bring the property back to the condition it was in at the commencement of the tenancy. For more about the Tenancy Deposit Scheme please see Tenancy Deposit Scheme - Offering government backed deposit protection services across the UK

Guarantors and Inventory

Sometimes accommodations require guarantors before signing the contract. In such circumstances, you will be asked to pay all or some of your rent in advance. The alternative is to use a Guarantor company like Housing Hand which will act for you for a small fee.

Make sure you get an inventory when you move in. An inventory is a record of the contents and condition of a property at a specified date. It is an extremely important document as it can be used to settle disputes at the end of the tenancy regarding deposits. Please view the latest student guide we highlight the importance of an inventory when you move out of your accommodation.

Make sure your deposit will be protected in a recognised scheme, and only pay the agreed rent and deposit amount – it is now illegal to charge referencing or agency fees: